About the Role
- Developing a system for forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment
- Developing a system to ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements
- Assist in determining the company's proper capital structure
- Provide support in arranging for equity and debt financing
- Develop a system of the preparation of the company's budgets
- Assist management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction and follow-up using balanced scorecard method.
Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Research on competitors and report on key findings to governance
- Engage in benchmarking studies to establish areas of potential operational improvement
- Provide assistants in interpreting the company's financial results to management and recommend improvement activities
- Review company bottlenecks and recommend changes to improve the overall level of company throughput
- Assist in the determination of product pricing in relation to features offered and competitor pricing
- Help in compiling key business metrics and report on them to governance
- Assist in managing the capital budgeting process, based on constraint analysis and discounted cash flow analysis
- Create additional analyses and reports as requested by governance
Insurance and contractual agreements with financial impact
- Develop and monitor the school’s insurance contracts (public liability, etc.)
- Advise the SD and the Board in contracting further insurances to financially secure the school in case of major incidents, etc.
- Monitor and assist in developing further agreements with educational and commercial partners financially benefiting the school.
- Assist in negotiating contracts with third party service providers, as canteen and security company.
- Engage in ongoing cost reduction analyses in all areas of the company
- Improve internal control mechanisms and follow-up
- Assisting in preparing for and implementing a more appropriate accounting software
- The Financial Controller candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting, or equivalent business experience
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation.
- Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations.
-Excellent communication skills are essential, particularly in regard to presenting the results of analyses to
- Should have an outstanding knowledge of electronic spreadsheets.
About the Company